Maputo [Lourenço Marques], Maputo, Mozambique
Construction on 7 de Março Square (present day 25 de Junho), considered the first masonry house in the city, it is a design from the period of the presidio (with the neighbouring fortress, of Our Lady of the Conception, built in the 18th century, later rebuilt). The house, possibly dating from 1776, was probably rebuilt in 1860 by an Indian trader, and was purchased in 1873 to serve as the governor’s house. It was later used as a General Office. It consists of a single-storey block, flat façades and simple bays in the vernacular model. It was restored and is now used as National Money Museum.